Look no further! You’ve just discovered the ultimate guide to making an incredible Strawberry Bourbon Cocktail. This refreshingly fruity drink is the perfect addition to any gathering, or simply just to sip on during a chilled evening at home. It’s sweet. It’s smoky. It’s sophisticated. And, the best part? It’s incredibly easy to make. So, come on gents, let’s dive into this exciting venture of mixology.
For the Strawberry Syrup
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
For the Cocktail
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 oz strawberry syrup
- Soda water
- Fresh strawberries and mint leaves to garnish
Before we get into the thick of things, make sure you have all these ingredients at hand. Nothing spoils the fun of mixology more than having to dash to the store mid-shake!
Preparing the Strawberry Syrup
Much of the magic in this cocktail lies in the strawberry syrup, a marvelously sweet and fruity concoction. Here’s how you make it:
- Chop your fresh strawberries roughly and place them in a saucepan.
- Add your granulated sugar and water.
- Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat. As soon as it starts boiling, reduce your heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow the syrup to cool, then strain it to remove the strawberry pieces. Make sure to press the strawberries against the strainer to extract all the delicious flavor and sweetness.
- You can store excess syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Mixing the Cocktail
Now, on to the fun part! Here’s how to put all your ingredients together to make a sublime Strawberry Bourbon Cocktail:
- Fill your cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Pour your bourbon, lemon juice, and strawberry syrup into the shaker.
- Firmly attach the lid and give your mixture a vigorous shake for about 15 seconds. You want to shake it until the outside of the shaker feels cold to the touch.
- Strain your cocktail into a glass with fresh ice.
- Top it off with a splash of soda water to add that effervescent kick.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry and a sprig of mint to enhance the overall presentation and add an extra burst of freshness.
And there you have it gents, a stunning Strawberry Bourbon Cocktail that packs a seriously satisfying punch. This cocktail has the perfect balance of smoke, fruits and sweetness – a testament to your ever-growing skills in mixology. But let’s be honest, the real joy is in sipping this gorgeous creation. So, bottoms up and enjoy this bourbon delight!
Mixing a cocktail as wonderful as the Strawberry Bourbon can be great fun and extremely rewarding, especially when you take that first gratifying sip. There’s a certain charm about combining these raw, simple ingredients to create something so extravagantly delightful. Remember, every mixologist-in-the-making has his own pace. Practice, experiment and, most importantly, enjoy the journey. So until next time, cheers!