The Search for the Best-Tasting Bourbons
Bourbon is a type of whiskey that comes from the United States and is made from at least 51% corn. It is aged in charred oak barrels and has a sweet, smoky flavor that is beloved by many. With so many bourbons on the market, it can be tough to know which ones are worth your time and money. That’s where the experts come in.
The Experts Weigh In
A panel of experts recently gathered to blind-taste and rank 131 of the most popular bourbons on the market. These experts included bartenders, writers, and beverage directors from around the country. After several rounds of tasting, they narrowed down the list to the top 83 bourbons.
The Top 10 Bourbons
1. Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 23 Year
2. William Larue Weller Kentucky Straight Bourbon
3. George T. Stagg Kentucky Straight Bourbon
4. Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye
5. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon
6. Booker’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon
7. Colonel E.H. Taylor Straight Rye
8. Angel’s Envy Cask Strength Kentucky Straight Bourbon
9. Four Roses Small Batch Barrel Strength Kentucky Straight Bourbon
10. Hudson Baby Bourbon
What Makes These Bourbons So Good?
The panel of experts judged the bourbons based on several criteria, including aroma, taste, finish, and overall balance. They looked for bourbons that were complex, well-balanced, and had a long finish. Many of the top bourbons were also high in proof, which can contribute to their bold flavors.
Other Bourbons You Should Try
While the top 10 bourbons are highly recommended, there are many other excellent bourbons on the market that didn’t make the list. Here are some other bourbons worth trying:
– Blanton’s Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon
– Bulleit Bourbon
– Eagle Rare Kentucky Straight Bourbon
– Maker’s Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon
– W.L. Weller Special Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon
– Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon
Bourbon is a unique and delicious spirit that has become increasingly popular in recent years. With so many options on the market, it can be tough to know where to start. Luckily, the experts have done the hard work for us and have determined the top bourbons based on taste, aroma, finish, and balance. Give one (or several) of these bourbons a try and see why they made the cut.