The Perfect Boozy Treat: Kentucky Bourbon Balls
If you are a foodie and love to experiment with different recipes, you will love Kentucky Bourbon Balls! These delicious treats have been a favorite in the South for decades and are the perfect indulgence for anyone who loves a sweet, boozy treat.
The best part about Kentucky Bourbon Balls is that they are super easy to make and require just a few ingredients. Here is what you will need:
– 1 cup of vanilla wafers, crushed
– 1 cup of powdered sugar
– 1 cup of chopped pecans
– 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
– 2 tablespoons of corn syrup
– 1/4 cup of bourbon
1. Start by crushing the vanilla wafers in a Ziploc bag or food processor, until they are fine and powdery.
2. In a bowl, add the crushed wafers, powdered sugar, chopped pecans, and cocoa powder. Mix well.
3. Add the corn syrup and bourbon to the bowl and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mixture for at least 30 minutes.
5. Once chilled, scoop out small amounts of the mixture and roll them into balls.
6. Roll the balls in some extra powdered sugar for a finishing touch.
7. Store the Kentucky Bourbon Balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Kentucky Bourbon Balls make for great party favors and gifts during the holidays. You can serve them at a party or wrap them up nicely in a gift box and give them away to friends and family.
If you are serving them at a party, you can also add some creative twists to the recipe. For example, you can add some cayenne pepper or chili powder for a spicy kick or some orange zest or dried cranberries for a fruity twist.
All in all, Kentucky Bourbon Balls are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that everyone will love. They are perfect for any occasion and can be customized to suit your taste buds. So go ahead and give this recipe a try today, and let us know what you think!